Everyone loves pasta, cheese, tomato, and meat, am I right? Even the pickiest of eaters can't resist this delicious combination of ingredients -- lasagna is a crowd-pleaser. No need to worry about layering noodles and watching the stove with this recipe, though. Throw a few ingredients in the crock pot, run some errands, watch a soccer game, then come home to your delicious home-cooked meal.
Crock Pot Lasagna
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves,m smashed
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 12 ounces cottage cheese (we like 2%)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1/2 cup asiago cheese
- 12 ounces lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Brown ground beef, onion and garlic in frypan.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt and oregano.
- Cook long enough to get it warm.
- Spoon a layer of meat sauce onto the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add a double layer of uncooked lasagna noodles (break to fit) and top with cheeses.
- Repeat with sauce, noodles and cheeses until all are used up.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.
So simple and so delicious! Enjoy.
Photo via jeffreyw/Flickr