Yesterday may have been National Margarita Day, but today is National Banana Bread Day! That's why today is the ultimate day to bake one up. And what better a banana bread recipe than one that uses NUTELLA?
Oh yes, it's true -- it exists. Nutella is that hazelnut chocolate creamy spread laced with decadence that's like a sultry nightclub act compared to peanut butter's day at the park. Add it into a banana bread recipe, and you might just be in for one wild ride. (Or at least your taste buds will be.)
Nutella Banana Bread from KirbieCravings.com
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons Nutella
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease two 7×3 inch loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Mix in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla, and cinnamon. Mix in salt, baking soda, and flour. Mix in Nutella. Divide into prepared pans.
3. Bake for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Image via dichoheco/Flickr