Cheesecake is one of those foods that's so incredible, but best in small doses -- for your hips anyway. Here's an easy recipe that makes mini versions of the classic. There's all the same great taste, just in a smaller bite.
Instead of a crust, you use a single Nilla Wafer in the bottom of cupcake liner. Then you top with the creamy cheesecake filling and toppings of your choice, and dessert is served. The only tough part is limiting how many of them you eat.
- 12 vanilla wafers
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line muffin tins with 12 paper baking cups. Place a vanilla wafer in each one.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add eggs, lemon juice, and sugar. Beat until smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Fill each baking cup 2/3 full with cream cheese mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 17 minutes. Cool on a rack.
Not: You can top with whipped cream, fruit, or anything else you like to add a little extra punch to them.
Images via _Fidelio_/Flickr