You know what I love? A man who knows his way around the kitchen. What could be sexier? I'll tell you: a man who knows his way around the kitchen and feeds his bambini well!
This is my valentine for all the baby-daddies out there making food magic happen for their families.
1. Michael Symon: Award-winning chef, Iron Chef, and the man responsible for saving food in Cleveland recently got into hot water for tweeting about the importance of healthy eating. Elitist? Hardly -- Symon says he once fed his family (wife Liz and now grown stepson) a healthy, locavore diet while earning $19,000 a year.
2. Tom Colicchio: Not only is he the brains behind Craft, Craftbar, Craftsteak, and Witchcraft and a Top Chef star, he's also testified before Congress in support of improving school food (he's the son of a lunch lady). And he's a proud papa to two sons, Dante and Luka.
3. Will Allen: What about men who cook and grow food? Urban farming guru Will Allen is a former basketball player, total hunk, and has three grown kids. Farming (and, erhm, working out) sure keeps you young.
4. Jamie Oliver: Maybe his methods for attacking junk food in America miss as often as they hit, but Jamie's recipes for fresh-tasting, healthy food make mid-week dinner shine, and his passion and crooked teeth add to his charm. Jamie and wife Jools have four daughters.
5. Fake FDA Official: Since he's a fictional character who scolds, I'm just going to assume here that he must be a dad.
5. Michael Ruhlman: Bestselling cookbook writer, blogger, and father of two is perhaps best known among foodies for declaring that Americans are too stupid to cook! Okay, that's not exactly what he meant. What he was really saying is that Americans are told that we are too stupid to cook, but that even busy parents (like him) can -- and should -- find the time to cook their families real food.
Who do you think is the sexiest daddy chef around?