A well-done chicken Caesar salad is one of the most perfect foods I can imagine. I'm a serious fan, and have eaten countless versions -- shout out to Nordstrom Cafe for what I think is one of the world's best!
But there's one thing I like even better than the salad, and that's a good chicken Caesar pizza. It takes all the tastes of the salad, and combines them with one of my other favorite foods -- pizza. The end result provides a satisfying meal in each slice.
Chicken Caesar Pizza
- 1 one-pound ball fresh pizza dough (or you can use a prepared crust like Boboli)
- 1 cup provolone cheese, grated
- 8 ounces cooked chicken chopped (breast meat from a rotisserie chicken works well)
- Salt and black pepper
- 1-3 cloves of garlic chopped
- Juice from one lemon
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- About two cups of chopped romaine lettuce
Stretch pizza dough out onto a baking sheet and bake in an oven preheated to 400 until done -- about 15 minutes. (If you're using a pre-baked crust skip to the next step.)
Sprinkle with provolone and return to the oven for just a couple of minutes to melt, then remove.
While pizza dough is cooking combine garlic, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, anchovy paste (if you choose to use it), parmesan cheese and salt and pepper. Whisk in olive oil to combine.
Toss lettuce and chicken with dressing, then place atop crust, and serve in wedges.
Note: You can as lo substitute a bottled Caesar dressing if you prefer. Add a few croutons too if you like.
Image via norwichnuts/Flickr