Looking for a way to spice up dinner tonight? This recipe for burrito pie takes your standard burrito and kicks it up a knotch to make it a hearty dish everyone in the family can enjoy. Bonus: It's not as difficult for little fingers to manage as a traditional burrito wrap, so less cleanup time for mom after the meal!
Serve it up like any other pie, and garnish with lettuce, tomato, salsa, and sour cream.
What you'll need:
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 (4ounce) can diced green chili peppers
- 1 (2 ounce) can black olives
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 2 (16 ounce) cans refried beans
- 1 jar taco sauce
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1 bag shredded cheddar cheese
How to make it:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Saute the ground beef, and cook for 5 minutes in a large skillet. Add the garlic and onion -- saute until browned. Drain the excess fat from the pan.
3. Mix in the olives, tomatoes, taco sauce, refried beans, and green chile peppers (omit for the kid friendly version). Reduce heat to low, stir the mixture and let simmer for about 20 minutes.
4. In a casserole dish, spread a thin layer of your mixture. Cover with one layer of flour tortillas, and then repeat this layer process until you have four layers. Garnish with cheese.
5. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, and serve!
Image via allrecipes