There's nothing more satisfying than a good helping of shepherd's pie straight out of the oven. With a serving of vegetables and protein in every portion, it's the perfect gooey, delicious way to end a frosty winter day.
This recipe from Real Simple opts for a cheesy potato mash. Make it your own by trying out different flavors, from roasted garlic to sweet potato!
What you need:
- 8 ounces frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 (16-ounce) package mashed potatoes, frozen or refrigerated, and thawed
1. Preheat the oven to 400oF.
2. Thoroughly cook the beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When no pink remains (after about five minutes), drain the fat from the skillet and stir in the Worcestershire sauce and ketchup.
3. Then, add the vegetables, stir mixture for one minute, and spoon into a large baking dish. In a separate bowl, mix the potatoes and cheese, and then spread over the beef and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
Image via Facebook