Classic Chicken Parmesan is the perfect dish to serve if you're trying to channel a night out at your favorite little Italian restaurant. You can't go wrong with herb-fried chicken cutlets smothered in tomato sauce and two kinds of cheese. Serve over pasta with salad and crusty bread and you've got yourself a complete and delicious meal.
Chicken Parmesan from Giada De Laurentiis
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried Italian parsley
- Salt and black pepper
- 8 (3-ounces each) cutlets
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 16 teaspoons grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Combine oil and herbs. Season with salt and pepper. Brush both sides of the cutlets with the herb oil. Heat a oven-proof skillet over high heat. Add the cutlets and cook just until brown, about 2 minutes per side. Remove the skillet from the heat.
Spoon the marinara sauce over and around the cutlets. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of mozzarella over each then sprinkle 2 teaspoons of Parmesan over each. Sprinkle the butter pieces atop the cutlets. Bake at 500 until the cheese melts and the chicken is cooked through, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Image via Lori_NY/Flickr