You're going to be slaving in the kitchen all day tomorrow on Thanksgiving so why not make it easy on yourself tonight?
This quick spinach salad with balsamic dressing will take you minutes to throw together using items you probably have in your fridge/pantry: pre-packaged baby spinach leaves, fully cooked refrigerated grilled chicken strips, and a few goodies like sliced apple, craisins, nuts, and cheese.
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or more if needed)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Whisk vinegar, mustard, and honey together. Slowly whisk in olive oil until it's incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.
- 1 bag baby spinach leaves
- 6 oz. fully cooked and refrigerated grilled chicken breast strips
- 1.5 cups walnuts or sliced almonds
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1 cup craisins
- 2 oz. cheese (blue, goat, feta, cheddar, etc.)
- 1/2 red onion, diced small
Combine salad ingredients. Drizzle with dressing. Toss. Enjoy!
What are you having for dinner tonight?
Image via ccharmon/Flickr