A true wing man, stuffing (or dressing if you prefer) is one of the most important parts of a traditional Thanksgiving meal.
Turkey without its sidekick, would be as wrong as Batman without Robin, Butch Cassidy without the Sundance Kid, Matt Damon without Ben Affleck ... or something like that.
But there are so many varieties to choose from, it can be difficult to decide just which one to prepare. In fact, because people hold their stuffing so dear it's not a bad idea to offer more than one version if you're cooking for a crowd.
If you're looking for inspiration, here are eight amazing stuffing recipes to consider:
1. Cornbread-Cranberry Stuffing The sweet and savory mix in this version is simple, but amazing.
2. Cornbread Stuffing With Cranberries, Sausage, and Sage This take ups the above version a bit by adding some protein with the sausage. The sage is a great addition too.
3. Apple and Sausage Stuffing The combination of apples and sausage with savory spices is scrumptious.
4. Ciabatta Stuffing with Chestnuts, Mushrooms and Pancetta A little fancier, this recipe from Giada de Laurentiis blends an impressive array of ingredients with delicious results.
5. Country Bread Stuffing with Smoked Ham, Goat Cheese, and Dried Cherries This hearty stuffing could be a meal in itself.
6. Sausage and Herb Stuffing The Barefoot Contessa is one of the most reliable recipe sources there is, and this stuffing recipe from her is guaranteed to be great.
7. Basic Bread Stuffing There's nothing fancy in this recipe -- just the basics -- which is perfect for the traditionalist and vegetarians (if you go with the milk or water option) alike.
8. Chestnut Stuffing If you're nuts for chestnuts, this is your recipe via Rachel Ray. It also mixes in apples, walnuts, and sausage for a nice mix of textures and tastes.
What's your favorite stuffing recipe?
Image via Brian Teutsch/Flickr