This post is for anyone who brings a peanut butter and jelly sandwich to work every day and, therefore, can't get excited about lunch.
Tortellini pasta salad -- which is inspired by the classic Greek salad with black olives, green onions, and feta cheese -- is an easy way to break up the monotony and get a few veggies in there, too. You can throw it together on the weekend and eat it all week long.
Tortellini Pasta Salad
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 3 small cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 (12-ounce) packages stuffed tortellini (cook in according to directions)
- 1 can artichoke hearts drained and quartered
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup black olives
Whisk oil and vinegar in a small bowl. Add onions, garlic, basil, and dill and mix well. Combine remaining ingredients in large bowl. Pour dressing over and toss gently. Refrigerate 8-10 hours before serving.
What do you bring for lunch?
Image via HeatherHeatherHeather/Flickr