My daughter refuses to eat her organic mixed vegetables any way except straight from the freezer. I tried a frozen lima bean and I actually think she's on to something. In addition to extending the shelf life of these frozen treats, you can cool down in the summer, or simply change up your routine for a kick in the pants.
So after encouraging you to keep your butter at room temperature, I now bring you seven items that taste better straight from the freezer.
- Grapes - Pop them in the freezer and you've got an icy sweet treat that's smaller than a popsicle and much healthier.
- Coffee - Add some milk before you freeze and, as it starts to thaw, you've got yourself a homemade Frap-like beverage.
- Snickers Bars - My husband only eats Snickers this way. Why? The tasty, crunchy texture, that's why.
- Lettuce - I have a friend who swears by freezing her lettuce, iceberg of course, when making a summer salad. I have to vouch and say it was surprisingly refreshing.
- Lemons - You may not normally chow down on a lemon, but a frozen lemon with sugar sprinkled on top is a perfect after-dinner palate cleanser or sub for dessert.
- Rice Krispie Treats - Even better if you put ice cream in between two.
- Yogurt - You don't need to go to Pinkberry to get your froyo fix. DIY and enjoy.
What foods do you freeze and eat?
Image via stevendepolo/Flickr