Ben & Jerry's and Cold Stone Creamery were among the first to use cake batter to flavor ice cream. Now that our mouths are watering for the sweet, buttery flavor, there are countless cake batter-flavored treats for us to get our fix.
Here are 10 of our favorites:
1. Who says cake batter has to always be vanilla? Oreo Cake Batter Ice Cream sounds almost too good to be true.
2. Taking the cake batter ice cream just one baby step further, the Birthday Cake Milkshake at Zaxby's is the perfect excuse to celebrate. It's blended cake batter ice cream, chocolate whipped topping, and frosting. What could be better?
3. Cake + jelly beans = a perfect combination. Birthday Cake Remix Jelly Belly's combines the flavors of cake batter ice cream, rainbow sprinkles, brownie, and fudge.
5. Red Velvet Fried Chicken is dipped in red velvet cake batter dredged in toasted, crumbled bits of red velvet cupcake -- then fried. Holy wow!
6. You can even eat cake batter for breakfast (and rot your teeth): Post's Cupcake Pebbles is a cake-flavored sugary cereal, and it even has sprinkles!
7. Craving a little cake after the gym? Muscle Milk makes a Cake Batter Protein Supplement you can mix into a shake (although this may be taking the trend a little too far).
8. Cake batter can even flavor cookies. These have frosting in the middle.
9. Typically, most iced blended beverages are coffee-flavored. Mix up your routine with a refreshing Cake Batter Chiller Drink -- all you need is milk and ice.
10. It's not on the regular menu, but maybe you can ask your Starbucks barista to make you a Cake Batter Frappuccino, made with vanilla bean and almond flavorings.
What other cake batter-flavored items have you seen?
Image via House Of Sims/Flickr