Is your school-age kid on a permanent lunch box rotation of unimaginative peanut butter and jelly and cheese sandwiches? Do you get as bored making your children's lunches as they are eating them? Need a new infusion of lunch-making creativity?
We've brought in some help -- simple ideas that kids will love with easy recipes to follow. I asked Catherine McCord, the founder of Weelicious, to share some lunchbox ideas with us. She brings us seven fun, well-balanced lunch box menus (with photos and recipes!) that you and your kids will love.
Catherine McCord believes in helping parents like herself cook seasonal recipes that are kid-friendly, fast, simple, and nutritious. I love all these creative and healthy ideas that are perfect for the lunch box.
7 Creative Lunch Box Ideas Kids & Parents Will Love
School Lunch Box 1:
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Veg-Wee Burger
- Apricot, Plum, and Pluot
- Plain Greek Yogurt and Raspberr-Wee Sauce
School Lunch Box 2:
- Strawberr-Wee Preserves and Sunflower Butter Bagel
- Cheese Circle
- Blueberries and Papaya
School Lunch Box 3:
- Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Sammie
- Golden Raisins
- White Nectarines and Plums
- Sweet Potato Coconut Puree
School Lunch Box 4:
- Cream Cheese and Avocado Elephant Sammie
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Mango Wedges
- Shaved Veggie Salad
School Lunch Box 5:
School Lunch Box 6:
- Roast Cherry Tomatoes and Olives With Ravioli
- Tofu Chocolate Pudding With 2 Chocolate Wafers
- Strawberries and Mango Chunks
- Steamed Okra
School Lunch Box 7:
- Cream Cheese and Tomato Squares
- Strawberr-Wee Fruit Leather
- Go Raw Cookies
- Blood Orange and Apricots
Yum, yum! Such good ideas!
If you're curious about the cool bento-style lunch box, find out more in the Weelicious store.
For more inspiration and ideas, check out the Weelicious Facebook page for almost 200 more lunch box ideas. My mind is exploding right now (and I want a cream cheese and tomato sandwich really badly).
Which lunch box combo will your kids like best?
Images via Weelicious