Imagine if you will, your favorite flavor of creamy cold ice cream encased between two soft and chewy cookies. Mmmmm ...
Isn't the ice cream sandwich the most perfect of summer treats? I think so! That's why in honor of National Ice Cream Sandwich Day (tomorrow, Aug. 2) I've rounded up some of the most mouth-watering ice cream sammies from around the web ...
- Lemon and strawberries are a lovely, bright combination for hot summer nights ... Homemade lemon sugar cookies with strawberry ice cream are even lovelier. -- Tastespotting (the Blog)
- S'mores are the quintessential camping food, right? Well, I think a frozen version, a.k.a. S'mores Ice Cream Sandwiches would qualify, too. -- Healthy. Happy. Life.
- Now, here's an idea I can definitely get on board with: Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches. You simply substitute brownies for cookies, brilliant! -- Woman's Day
- Want your ice cream sandwich to be fancy? Try Vanilla Bean Honey Ice Cream in between Black Tea Graham Crackers. Ooh la la. -- BitterSweet
- I've already professed my fixation on cheesecake. But Salted Carmel Cheesecake Ice Cream Sandwiches take this obsession to a dangerous level. -- Triple Scoop Desserts
What's your favorite kind of ice cream sandwich?
Image via jessicafm/Flickr