County and state fairs are a classic American summer tradition. And it's no wonder, for where else can you find such a bevy of deep fried deliciousness, not to mention cotton candy, funnel cake, and every imaginable food on a stick. Here's a round-up of our favorite fair foods:
- No popper? No problem! Use your stove to pop glorious caramelized Kettle Corn that tastes like it's straight from the fair. -- Fat Girl Trapped in a Skinny Body
- There's nothing quite like hot 'n' fresh Elephant Ears dusted with cinnamon and sugar to bring back childhood memories of trips to the fair. -- Stick to Your Hips!
- Here's a riff on the classic corn dog: Crispy Sweet Potato Dog. I think I'm in love, are you? -- Kirbie's Cravings
- Too intimidated to make Funnel Cakes at home? That stops now with this easy recipe. -- The Kitchn
- Sometimes -- just sometimes -- it's too hot for fried food. In those instances, cool down with Mini Guava Mexican Popsicles. -- La Newyorkina
Image via Mollypop/Flickr