The 4th of July is coming up this weekend, and I'm sure you already have the charcoal bought and the beer chilled.
Though there may not be anything more patriotic than burgers and a cold Bud, you can continue the red, white, and blue celebration into various foods.
- American Flag Tart: Old Glory never tasted better decorated with blueberries, raspberries, and whipped cream.
- Fruited Cheesecake Flag: Cut your rectangular cheesecake into tiny squares, and strategically place berries into a flag form. Even individually, the squares look too cute to eat.
- Red, White, and Blue Salad: Using a trio of potatoes, this salad makes a festive July 4th recipe.
- Pretzel Sparklers: Dip pretzel rods into semi-sweet melted chocolate, then cover with red, white, and blue sprinkles.
- Cinnamon Candied Apples: Displayed with a tray of blueberries to make sure to get all the colors in.
- Red, White, and Bleu Burgers: Tomatoes, onions, and bleu cheese. Yum!
- Stars and Stripes Cocktail: Grenadine, Blue Curacao, and light cream in a short cocktail glass. Pour the liquid over the back of a spoon and slowly add them into the glass to keep the layers.
Do you serve any patriotic foods at your Fourth of July celebration?
Image via cvconnell/Flickr