Friends + hot summer sun + peach sangria = bliss.
For me, that's the perfect summer equation. And while there are many different ways you can make sangria, this is my favorite:
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle rosé wine
- 3/4 cup vodka*
- 1/2 cup peach nectar
- 6 tablespoons thawed frozen lemonade concentrate
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pound ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 (6-oz.) package fresh raspberries**
- 2 cups club soda, chilled
1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a pitcher; stir until sugar is dissolved. Stir in peaches and raspberries. Cover and chill 8 hours.
2. Stir in chilled club soda just before serving.
*Instead of regular vodka, you can use peach-flavored, but skip the peach nectar if you do so. **Instead of fresh raspberries, you can use one cup of frozen raspberries. This recipe makes about nine cups.
What's your favorite variety of sangria?
Image via eiratansey/Flickr