Quiche is the best! You can eat it for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner. Plus, it takes no time to prep and can be made with leftovers lying around ... like yesterday's peas.
Today we're making a savory pea and goat cheese quiche.
Cue mouth watering ...
Pea & Goat Cheese Quiche from Peas.org
- 3.5 oz strong cheddar cheese, grated
- 3.5 oz chilled butter, diced
- 9 oz plain flour
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Water and 1 beaten egg
- 2 medium leeks -- washed thoroughly and chopped
- A large knob of butter -- about 3.5 oz
- 7 oz frozen peas
- 200 ml full fat creme fraiche
- 2 large eggs and 1 extra yolk
- Pinch of cayenne, sea salt, and ground black pepper
- 9 oz goat cheese, roughly cubed
Combine cheese, butter, flour, and seasoning in a processor or by hand. Add iced water slowly until mixture just holds together. Form into a ball, wrap in clingfilm, and refrigerate 1 hour. Roll out and line deep dish pie pan. Preheat oven to 400°F. Bake 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and brush lightly with beaten egg. Now prepare filling.
In a saute pan, cook leeks in butter until soft but not brown. Remove from heat. Add peas and turn to coat in butter. Beat together creme fraiche, eggs, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Stir in leek and pea mixture, reserving some liquid if it's too wet. Pour into prepared crust. Scatter goat cheese on top. Bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until just set.
What are your favorite quiche ingredients?
Image via Cardamom/Flickr