Flickr photo by Pink Sherbet Photography Get your toothbrush ready, there are some seriously good new sweet treats coming to tempt our taste buds soon.
All the latest and greatest candy concoctions were unveiled a few weeks ago at the 2010 Sweets and Snacks Expo in Chicago. All that temptation under one roof ...
Here are five I can't wait to try:
1. Twix Java -- A crunchy chewy Twix bar combined with a coffee kicker. According to Serious Eats, this bar popped onto the market briefly in 2007, but is back to stay. I can't imagine how delicious this will taste dipped in my coffee. Breakfast will never be the same again.
2. Squishy Sploshberries -- First, I can't wait to hear my toddler try to ask for some of these juice-filled gummies. I love the name! And, they're made with 25 percent real fruit juice and contain only natural colors and flavors. Nice.
3. Chocolate-Covered Pumpkin Peeps -- If that alone isn't enough to get you excited, they come in both dark and milk chocolate varieties.
4. Kit Kat Dark -- Since dark chocolate is filled with nutritional benefits, a few of these will be easy to justify. And I can't even imagine how good they're going to taste. Give me a break, please!
5. Cocktail-Flavored Jelly Bellys -- Now you can buy packages that contain just cocktail-flavored bellys. In addition to the classic margarita, strawberry daiquiri and pina colada flavors, new ones like mojito, peach bellini and pomegranate cosmopolitan are in the mix. Yum, and no hangover!
Which new candy are you dying to try?