Flickr photo by Divine in the DailyThe morning is probably the last time of the day you would think about going on a picnic. Who wants to get up early on a Saturday if they don't have to? But honestly, it sounds so wonderfully delightful that it's totally worth crawling out of bed for.
Sipping a mimosa in a park while watching the sun rise. Heavenly. I really can't think of a better way to start the day.
So grab a blanket, here are some breakfast picnic menu ideas for you:
- Simple Yet Satisfying: Run by your favorite bagel or donut place and get a variety of goodies along with a few different spreads for the bagels to mix it up. Right out of the oven croissants or muffins would be delicious, too. And you can pop those in the oven as you get ready at home.
- Refreshingly Healthy: Fruit salad taste wonderful on a hot summer day. Pair it with yogurt sprinkled with your favorite toppings.
- Fantasticly French: Quiches are filling and easy to transport.
- Filled Bread: Hollow out a loaf of bread and fill is with breafast-y foods: bacon, tomato, eggs, cheese, etc.
- Drinks: Don't forget to bring a thermos of your favorite brunch drink whether it's orange juice, mimosas, coffee, or Bloody Marys.
Have you ever gone on a breakfast picnic?