Plain grilled chicken can be so boring. But Indian-style Tandoori Chicken on the grill is oh-so-exciting! Here's an easy recipe we make all the time in my house during the summer months. The spicy meat is a perfect match for yesterday's cool cucumber raita.
Tandoori Chicken on the Grill
- 2 tablespoons tandoori paste (I like Patak's, which Whole Foods often carries)
- 4 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- Juice and rind from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh, ground ginger root
- 4 chicken breasts, pounded thin
Mix paste, yogurt, lemon juice/rind, and ginger -- this will be your marinade. Spread marinade over chicken, cover, and refrigerate over night.
Heat an outdoor grill to medium high heat; lightly oil grate. Grill chicken until no longer pink. Serve with grilled flatbread and raita.
How do you spice up chicken on the grill?