Flickr photo by thebittenword.comSoda just isn't for sipping. It can be a great addition to many traditional foods and gives them a little something-something extra to keep taste buds popping with flavor.
Here are a few of my favorite soda recipes (or pop recipes if you're so inclined to use that term instead):
- Coca-Cola Cupcakes I'm picky when it comes to my cupcakes, so I was a little skeptical about tainting their simple goodness with cola. But after tasting them, well, I'd like to buy the world a Coke so everyone could make their own delicious cupcakes. The Coke really complements the chocolate, and they're divine!
- Dr. Pepper Barbecue Sauce The grills are going at this time of year, and the perfect barbecue sauce is a must. This version that uses Dr. Pepper packs a great sweet-and-sour pow and is perfect for slathering on chicken, beef, pork ... anything that hits your grill, really.
- Roasted Soda Can Chicken In the same vein as Beer Butt chicken, this recipe instead calls for a can of lemon-lime soda (like Sprite or 7-Up) to stuff up the bird's derriere. The nice citrusy infusion turns out some pretty tasty chicken, and the whole meal is like one big party trick.
- One-Pot Dr. Pepper Pork Chops Seriously easy and delicious, you can make these pork chops in the Crock-Pot. And did you know that eating more pork could rev up your sex life? Yep, get cooking.
- Pepsi Chili Pep up your traditional chili with some Pepsi. Spicy chili with a caffeine kick -- what could be better?
Have you tried these or any other great soda recipes?