If you're tired of serving the same old potato salad or cole slaw at your backyard barbecue, why not try this cucumber salad made with fresh herbs and Greek yogurt?
Raita is traditionally served with spicy Indian food -- that's why this cooling combination is so perfect for summer! You can even leave out the cucumber and serve it as a yogurt dip alongside fresh raw veggies or as a condiment for grilled meats.
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cucumber peeled, seeded, and diced (optional)
- 2.5 teaspoons finely grated lime peel
Mix yogurt, mint, cilantro, cucumber, and lime peel in small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover; chill until cold, at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.