Flickr photo by telepathicgeorgeWho says that chocolate isn't a breakfast food?
There are plenty of ways to satisfy your sweet tooth in the AM. Here are 10 of our favorites:
- Chocolate Crepe: The Parisian version of the pancake, these breakfast meals can be filled with chocolaty goodness.
- Chocolate Chip Pancakes: Just throw some chocolate chips into your pancake batter for a sweet start to the day. Make it fun for the kids and create designs in the batter out of the chocolate chips.
- Pain au Chocolat: First off, let's just say "thank you" to the French for yet another chocolaty breakfast food. These cute little pastries (similar to croissants) are delicious and simple to make.
- Chocolate Cereal: I am not too ashamed to admit that, as an adult, I still buy Cocoa Puffs.
- Chocolate-Banana Shake: The banana makes it breakfast-y so you don't have to feel guilty.
- Chocolate Chip Muffin: Chocolate chip muffins are easy, quick, and good. If you're a hardcore chocoholic, go for the chocolaty chocolate chip muffins.
- Mocha: Instead of a boring ol' coffee for your morning caffeine, opt for a mocha made with espresso and chocolate.
- French Toast With Chocolate and Almonds
- Nutella: On French toast, bagels, bread, ... well, really anything.
- Chocolate Granola: For all you healthy folks out there.
What's your favorite chocolate breakfast food?