Flickr photo by shawnzamBacon makes everything better: ice cream, chocolate, the list goes on. But let's go back to basics, when the bacon was mainly a breakfast food. Yeah, remember that? It's practically a childhood memory now -- "Back when we were kids, we used to eat our bacon as a side with eggs," causing our children's jaws to drop in wonder.
If you've hopped on the trendy bacon bandwagon but aren't too cool to still enjoy it in the morning, here are some unique ways to include bacon in the first meal of the day.
- Bacon cookies: Don't let the name fool you, these are totally appropriate for breakfast. The sweet and savory crunchy cookies are studded with bits of applewood-smoked bacon, raisins and multi-grain cereal.
- Bacon coffeecake: Cinnamon, apples, and bacon. Tell me that does not sound good.
- Fool's Gold Leaf: Made famous by Elvis, it's a bacon-ed version of the PB&J.
- Bacon Coffee: Add a little pork flavor to your coffee with bacon syrup.
- Bacon Chocolate Chip Pancakes: This allows us to enjoy the delicious bacon-chocolate combo at breakfast.
What's your favorite way to eat bacon?