Photo from Torani.com
Though the reason is unbeknownst to me, bacon-flavored products have been booming in recent years. While I like bacon just fine (extra-crisp, please) next to my eggs, in a salad, or on a BLT, there are other places I don't think it has any business.
1. Bacon-Flavored Coffee. This bacon-flavored syrup by Torani can be added to any beverage cold or hot. Bacon latte, anyone? I imagine it tasting like a cup of bacon grease.
2. BakonVodka. Don't let the alternative spelling fool you; it's actually bacon-flavored vodka. Their slogan: Pure. Refreshing. Bacon. My reaction: Yuck. Yuck. Yuck.
3. Because everyone wants bacony-fresh breath? These Savory Bacon Mints are from Uncle Oinker's. The description on Amazon.com reads: "It may sound weird but once you taste it, youll (sic) see that mint and bacon is a match made in China." I think it's probably a typo, but it's really funny because when it comes to understanding any affection for this product, well ... it's all Chinese to me.
4. Bacon Lube. If you can't bear to part with bacon even when it comes to the boudoir, well, here you go -- bacon-flavored lubricant. It doesn't appear to be on the market yet, but last I heard J&D's -- whose goal is to "make everything taste like bacon" -- was looking for beta testers.
5. Bacon Air-Freshener. I'm at a loss for words on this one, except for letting you know that if you have one of these, I'll never step foot in your car.
Have you tried any of these bacon-flavored products?