Photo by LelandsMommyMost people who cook have them, I'm sure -- those go-to recipes you find yourself making over and over again. They're meals you know will turn out well, that you can serve to company, and that your kids will eat.
Here are my top five go-to meals:
1. This Southwest King Ranch Casserole from The Whole Foods Cookbook is at the top of my list. If you dine at my house, chances are you'll be served this dish at least once. It's easy to make ahead, and even kids like it.
2. I shared this recipe for Spinach Pesto Pasta as a toddler meal on The Stir before, but diners of all ages love it. It's a great vegetarian dish for non-meat eaters and is terrific tossed with pasta and chicken. You can also use the pesto as a pizza topping.
3. I'm a huge fan of Ina Garten, better known as The Barefoot Contessa, and I could cite dozens of her recipes that I use regularly. But if I had to choose one, then this Chicken Chili recipe would be it. Again, you can make it ahead of time (which I'm very big on) and there are so many fun condiments you can set out to serve with it.
4. This Spinach and Bacon Quiche recipe from Paula Deen contains more fat than some other recipes I've tried, but it's really the best. If we have overnight company or host a brunch, this is guaranteed to be on my table. I also like to substitute sausage and cheddar for the spinach and bacon, and that's a big hit too.
5. Mediterranean is my favorite ethnic food, so I find myself repeatedly making this recipe for Köfte. I often substitute ground beef for the lamb and serve it with this garlic sauce and warm pita bread with feta cheese. In fact, I just made these tonight and can't wait to go dig in to the leftovers a bit later.
What are your favorite go-to meals?