We eat a lot of homemade pizza in my house -- the traditional kind with red sauce, mozzarella cheese, etc. But today I'm mixing it up with Garlic and Mushroom White Pizza because we're never too old to try new things ...
White pizza, also known as pizza Bianca, is similar to regular pizza except the red sauce is omitted to make room for more cheese.
Garlic and Mushroom White Pizza
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Pizza dough (homemade or store-bought)
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella or provolone cheese
1. Heat a pan over high heat; add olive oil. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds, being careful not to burn. Add mushrooms and parsley, and saute until mushrooms are soft. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Roll out/stretch pizza dough. Spread with ricotta cheese. Top with mushroom/garlic mixture. Top with shredded cheese. Bake pizza at 425 degrees F until crust and cheese are browned.
Have you ever made white pizza?