Flickr photo by benjamin nussbaumIf you're all margarita'd out but still have tequila left over from Cinco de Mayo, there are other delicious cocktails that you can enjoy, such as the Tequila Sunrise.
And if you don't (you little boozer you), then this will give you an excuse to get more.
- 2 ounces gold tequila
- 4 ounces fresh orange juice
- 3/4 ounces grenadine
- Orange slice and cherry, for garnish
1. Place ice in glass so it's half full. Add tequila followed by orange juice. Shake.
2. Put a flat-handled spoon into the glass. Add grenadine quickly, allowing it run down the back side of the spoon so it sinks to the bottom of the liquid. By adding the grenadine last, it sinks to the bottom and then will begin to rise to create that lovely sunrise effect ... hence the name.
3. Garnish with an orange slice and a cherry.
Have you ever had a Tequila Sunrise cocktail?