SOS! The Six O'Clock Scramble to the Rescue; AmazonI collect cookbooks ... I may not always use them to a T, but I love having them for inspiration and ideas. When I'm bored, it's my go-to solution to get my mind churning.
What's on my cookbook shelf right now? SOS! The Six O'Clock Scramble to the Rescue: Earth-Friendly, Kid-Pleasing Dinners for Busy Families ($12.23) ... phew!
This book has it all to ease your mind and make dinner fun and yummy for the fam. Find out when organic matters, how to save money, eat seasonally, push the veggies, plan weekly meals, and grocery-shopping tips.
Check out this sample summer salad recipe.
Lemon-Basil Summer Pasta Salad
- 1 package farfalle pasta
- 6 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 20 basil leaves, cut into thing strips
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mash garlic cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, diced
1. In a large pot of salted water; cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and rinse pasta with cold water to cool.
2. Meanwhile, in a large serving bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Add cooled pasta, toss, and chill up to 24 hours or serve it immediately.