Sometimes the best dinners are the easiest ones. This recipe for Spaghetti With Oil and Garlic (our ingredient of the week) couldn't be more straightforward -- or more delicious!
Spaghetti With Garlic and Oil
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (or other fresh herbs), chopped
- 1 pinch hot red pepper flakes
1. Bring large pot of salted water to a boil and cook spaghetti as directed until al dente. In large skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic, herbs, and pepper flakes, and cook until garlic is soft -- don't let it burn or brown! Remove from heat.
2. Drain pasta, reserving some of the cooking water. Add noodles to skillet and toss with oil and pinch of salt. Use cooking water to loosen noodles if needed.