Photo by Get Fork'dIn my book, there's only one way to eat corn -- slathered in chili lime butter and cheese.
This Mexican treat (hello, Cinco de Mayo appetizer) is served on the street by traveling trucks just south of the border and has been hitting it big-time in restaurants for years.
Trust me, it's irresistible. Plus, your kids will love eating their veggies -- just skip or go light on the cayenne pepper.
Grilled Corn With Chili Lime Butter
- 2 ears corn
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- Parmesan or cotija cheese
1. Remove husks and clean corn. Boil 3 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
2. Add to a grill or a dry grill pan on high heat. Keep turning until all sides are slightly blackened. Let cool.
3. In a bowl, combine softened butter, chili powder, lime juice and zest, and cayenne.
4. Rub butter on corn and season with salt and more cayenne if you like it spicy.
5. Roll in Parmesan or cotija cheese.
Tune in tomorrow to see what we do with the leftovers!