Flickr photo by GypsyFaeNext Wednesday is Cinco de Mayo, which gives us the excuse to drink margaritas in the middle of the week.
Margaritas come in practically every flavor, but there's only one "perfect" margarita, and you just gotta go with the basics for this one.
- 1 (6-ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate
- 6 fluid ounces Agave tequila
- 2 fluid ounces triple sec (I recommend Grand Marnier)
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice (1 lemon)
- Splash of orange juice (about half an ounce) to cut down on the sour factor
Mix all ingredients and serve in a salt-rimmed glass. To make a frozen version, just blend it with ice.
Are you celebrating Cinco de Mayo? What's your favorite margarita flavor?