Photo from Applebee's
This week Applebee's introduced three new burgers -- Philly Burger, Southwest Jalapeno Burger, and Cowboy Burger -- inspired by regions in America. They look fantastic but there's one problem: What about all the regions not accounted for in this list?
Maybe I'm biased, but here in the Midwest, we have GREAT food -- so why aren't we good enough not to inspire our very own Applebee's burger? I'm sure the same could be said for the Pacific Northwest, the Southeast, etc.
Here are some regional burgers we think could potentially be best-sellers:
- Chicago Pizza Burger: Topped with melted mozzarella cheese, marinara sauce, fresh basil, grilled mushrooms, pepperoni.
- Cincinnati Chili Burger: Piled high with ground beef chili (no beans!), cheddar cheese, grilled onions, and sour cream.
- Buffalo Wing Burger: Topped with buffalo hot wing sauce and ranch dressing.
- Boston Lobster Roll Burger: Loaded with cooked lobster, mayo, and butter sauce (okay, maybe this one is a stretch!).
- Hawaiian Burger: Layers of sliced avocado, pineapple, red onion, and chipotle mayo.
- Southern Burger: Fried green tomatoes, bacon, and garlic aioli.
What kind of burger would they serve in your region?