Flickr photo by Maggie HoffmanZucchini isn't my favorite veggie ... unless it's on the grill. Yum!
For this recipe, I paired grilled zucchini, pasta, and Parmesan cheese -- it's super-light for those hot summer days.
Find out how easy it is to make.
Cheesy Pasta With Grilled Zucchini
- 1 sliced zucchini (slice into long sticks)
- Olive oil
- Pasta (your choice of shape)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Start by tossing zucchini in a little olive oil with salt and pepper to taste. You can also sub red pepper flakes for the plain old pepper. Place on grill and cook 2 minutes on each side. You should get those great char-grilled lines.
- Next, in a pot, boil water and add pasta. Cook 11 minutes or until tender. Drain and toss with a few tablespoons of olive oil and Parmesan cheese.
- Add zucchini to pasta and serve. So simple!
Check back tomorrow to see what we do with the leftover zucchini.