We all know how delicious smells -- chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven or fried food -- can be detrimental to our diets. But new research suggests we have even more incentive than ever to avoid appetizing aromas: In fact, blocking delicious smells could lead to a longer life, according to Popular Science.
A new study of fruit flies shows that certain tasty odors might actually change the body's metabolism and lead to an early death.
But enjoying delicious smells isn't just one of the best parts of eating, it's one of the best parts of life! Can you even imagine NOT ever experiencing one of these lovely aromas ...
- Brownies, fresh out of the oven. Oh my.
- Burgers on the grill -- or anything on the grill for that matter!
- Fried chicken, straight from the fryer.
- Buttery, fresh-baked cinnamon buns on Sunday morning.
- The smell of fresh, sweet basil from the herb pot when you rub it between your fingers.
- Ripe tomatoes fresh off the vine.
- Bacon frying.
- Homemade bread rising in the oven.
What's your favorite smell?