With pineapple, soy sauce, and of course, honey, this dish reminds me of sweet and sour chicken that you order from your favorite takeout Chinese place -- except this version is healthier. We like it over brown rice.
One-Pot Honey Garlic Chicken from All Recipes
- Chicken breasts, thighs, or drumsticks
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 (20-oz.) can pineapple pieces, juice reserved
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (optional)
- 1/4 cup water (optional)
1. Place chicken in slow cooker. In a bowl, mix honey, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, ginger, and reserved pineapple juice. Pour into slow cooker. Cover and cook 4 hours on high. Stir in pineapple just before serving.
2. If you like a thicker sauce: Mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Remove thighs from slow cooker. Blend the cornstarch mixture into remaining sauce in slow cooker to thicken. Serve sauce over chicken.
Have you made any good one-pot meals lately?