Flickr photo by RBerteigThink you only love potatoes in fry and chip form? Think again. I have a recipe for ... *drum-roll* ... the best potatoes you'll ever eat.
So what's the special ingredient?
It's chicken broth! Yes, so simple, but boiling your potatoes in chicken broth -- rather than ordinary water -- gives them a rich flavor.
The Best Potatoes Ever
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 6-7 red skin potatoes
- Parmesan or asiago cheese (optional)
1. Boil chicken broth. Cut red skin potatoes in halves or fourths. Boil them 5 to 7 minutes. They should still be a little undercooked.
2. Remove potatoes from chicken broth and place in baking dish -- it should be large enough so potatoes are in a single layer.
3. Add 1/2 inch of chicken broth to bottom of baking dish. Top generously with salt and pepper and, if you're feeling extra indulgent, Parmesan or asiago cheese.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes until tender, browned, and slightly crispy on top. Serve.