Got a bunch of hard boiled eggs leftover from your Easter festivities? Trust me: This is a good thing! Here are five recipes you can make with yesterday's egg stash. (Now, the annoying plastic eggs? Sorry, but you're on your own with those.)
According to the USDA, hard boiled eggs (in their shells) can be kept for about a week in the fridge. That's plenty of time to make one of these great recipes:
- Egg Salad Sandwich: Combine mashed eggs with mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper. I also like to add a dash of hot sauce or some fresh dill for that something extra.
- Classic Cobb Salad: Arrange rows of chopped eggs, avocado, bacon, tomatoes, green onions, and crumbled blue cheese on a bed of mixed greens. Toss in favorite vinaigrette dressing.
- Deviled Eggs: Everyone has their own version of stuffed eggs. My favorite Deviled Egg recipe calls for mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, Tabasco, paprika, and fresh chives -- yum!
- Potato Salad: Make a really simple potato salad using boiled potatoes, chopped egg, mayonnaise, a bit of onion and celery, and salt and pepper.
- Simple Breakfast: Not really a recipe but useful all the same: Cut egg in half and sprinkle with sea salt. Enjoy with a piece of fruit and slice of wheat bread -- a perfect healthy breakfast!
What are you going to do with your leftover Easter eggs?