Photo from Evil Shenanigans
Here in Chicago, a lot of new restaurants have been popping with a Southern theme. Needless to say I've got grits, cornbread, okra, and other delicious Southern delicacies on the brain ...
- Long, long ago (1999) in a land far, far away (Savannah, GA), I ate real Southern Banana Pudding and lived happily ever after. This recipe is from scratch -- none of that instant pudding mix for me! -- Evil Shenanigans.
- Is there anything more comforting than creamy grits? No ... unless we're talking about Shrimp, Bacon and Creamy Grits. -- Merry Gourmet.
- I'm trying to decide if Bacon Bourbon Carmel Corn is technically Southern? You know what: Who cares! It's Bacon Bourbon Carmel Corn! -- Oh Joy Eats.
- Craving a tasty Southern snack? Hip Hostess is singing the praises of Boiled Peanuts. -- Hip Hostess.
- I like a food blog that takes its biscuits seriously ... which is exactly why I like this post about the search for the perfect flaky biscuit. Pass the gravy, please! -- ReadyMade.
What are you eating this week?