Photo by Andrew H. Walker/Getty
The biggest night in Hollywood is this Sunday...the Oscars are in town, baby! Got your ballots ready?
Here are my picks for who I think will win big:
- Best Picture: Out of the whopping 10 (really? 10?) films nominated, I think The Hurt Locker will take home the gold. If this happens, poor James Cameron. Not only will his multi-million dollar production, Avatar, will lose, but he'd be losing to his ex-wife, Kathryn Bigelow. Double burn.
- Best Actor: Jeff Bridges in Crazy Heart. He's taken home both the Golden Globe and SAG Award for this category...no doubt in my mind, he'll take this one as well.
- Best Actress: Sandra Bullock in The Blind Side. Same deal, won both Golden Globe and SAG Awards already.
- Best Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz in Inglorious Basterdds. Yeah, I don't think this year is going to be all that surprising...
- Best Supporting Actress: Mo'Nique for her role in Precious: Based on the Novel "Push" by Sapphire.
- Best Director: I'm rooting for The Hurt Locker's Kathryn Bigelow...if she wins, she'll be the first female director to do so.
- Best Animated Film: Pixar has never lost in this category, so I'm going with Up.
I will be tweeting live throughout the event, so feel free to follow me (CafeBrit) and we'll gossip about the outfits, the winners, and the speeches.
The 82nd Academy Awards will air this Sunday, March 7th, at 8/7c on ABC.
Who are your Oscar picks?