Photo from Facebook
We all have at least a few of these Facebook friends on our list. And if you're one of them, immediately lower your head down in shame. And then quit what you're doing because you're annoying the hell out of people.
- The Bad Grammarist: Okay, so I'm a bit of a grammar Nazi (blame it on the day job) but statuses like this are just plain annoying: "thatny ya to all y lil friends who did their snow dance yayayay toast." I'm not even sure what this person is trying to say...and yes, this is straight off my Facebook newsfeed.
- The Constant Updater: You know you're one of these if you update your status more than 10 times a day. The world does not need to know that you're stuck in traffic. Or that you're now off to dinner with the girls. Or that now you're heading home after a long night.
- The Creeper: The guy you met for a split second the night before sends you a friend request. And you thought "why not?" and accept. But now he's "liking" everything you post and making comments on photos from 2007. Weirdo.
- The Massive Inviter: Please, take me off your list of invites to every ridiculous social event you know of. I wasn't interested in the first 30...take a hint.
- The Philanthropist: I'm sure you mean well, but I'd go broke if I donated to every single cause you sent my way.
- The Farmville Addict: I do not care that you found a lost pink cow on your virtual farm. You're crowding up my newsfeed from receiving valuable (albeit stalkerish) information about my friends.
- The Downers: People who only post when something really awful is going on in their lives. Buzz kill.
- The Kissy-Face: Those girls who, in every. single. picture. has the kissy-face. Totally annoying beyond the age of 14.
- The FMLers: "Just failed a quiz...fml." I'm pretty sure most of us have failed quizzes...chill, your life is not f****d.
- The Bore: Those people who post dull news articles on other people's walls. If I wanted to read about the political ongoings in Iraq, I'd read the NY Times.
What are some Facebook personalities that really irk you?
Twitter, Facebook, Myspace: Are You and Your Teen Friends?
Facebook Profiles: Do You Use a Photo of Your Kids Instead of Yourself?
Friending Your Ex on Facebook