Most of us can't make it down to New Orleans, LA or Mobile, AL (which held the first Mardi Gras celebration in the States), but we can still enjoy some of the traditions (though, feel free can pass over the boob-flashing one).
N'awlins is the home of jazz, so any trumpet-heavy song will make you think you're right there on Bourbon Street but I really like these songs:
- Mambo #5 by Rockin' Dopsie, Jr. and The Mambo Boys
- King Cake by Big Al Carson
- Bourbon Street by The Gumbo Kings
- Let's Party It's Mardi Gras! by Nobles
- We Danced at Mardi Gras by Magnificent Sevenths
- When the Saints Go Marching In by Louis Armstrong
- The Mardi Gras Song by Davell Crawford
Are you doing anything to celebrate Mardi Gras?