2009 is winding down. Wow, what a year! For me, New Year's means a time of reflection of the past year...the ups, the downs, and the in-betweens. And without sounding too cliche, every time I hear the traditional NYE song Auld Lang Syne, the past year seems to flash before me.
But that traditional Scottish tune isn't the only option for your CD player at midnight. Here are some other great music selections:
- Let's Start the New Year Right by Bing Crosby.
- It Was A Very Good Year by Frank Sinatra.
- It's Just Another New Year's Eve by Barry Manilow.
- What Are You Doing New Year's Eve? recorded by various singers, most of them female.
- Same Old Lang Syne by Dan Fogelberg
- Happy New Year by ABBA
- The New Year by Death Cab for Cutie
- A Long December by Counting Crows
- New Year's Eve by The Walkmen
- New Year's Day by U2
What song do you like listening to at New Year's? What are your New Year's Eve plans?