Photo by Toys ''R'' Us
We all know how quickly video games can loose their luster, that's why I'm really loving that, starting yesterday, September 13th, you can bring in your used video game into any Toys "R" Us store nationwide and exchange for a Toys "R" Us gift card that represents the value of the trade-in.
Here's what to expect:
- Used video games in their original cases, with the original case artwork may be brought to a Toys"R"Us Guest Services desk.
- Games will then be scanned and prices will be offered for individual titles.
- Gamers confirm that they want to accept the offer to exchange any, or all, of the games they brought to the store.
- Once the transaction is complete, customers receive an activated gift card equal to the total worth of all games traded.
- Immediately upon receiving the gift card, customers can purchase any product from iPods and toys to candy and diapers at any Toys"R"Us or Babies"R"Us location or online at Toysrus.com.
Got games from an old Sega Genesis or Atari system lying around? You can bring those in too! Toys"R"Us stores will accept games from almost every gaming system imaginable: Atari 2600, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, Xbox, Nintendo Game Boy, Nintendo 64, Nintendo NES, Intellivision, Sega Genesis can all be exchanged.
Best part is, there's no end date for the program!
I think it's great that companies do things like this, it makes it a lot easier for those of us who are really feeling this recession.
Do you have any old video games you'd like to turn in?