Photo from Amazon
Photo from Amazon
Beliefnet’s Movie Mom, Nell Minow believes that happiness is a choice that requires courage and honesty.
Today, Nell offers "12 happy movies," which she says “are wonderful teachers about happiness, with characters who set great examples and stories that help to remind us of what it is in our own lives that make us happy.”
Here are her picks...
- The Incredibles - Memorable line: "You keep trying to pick a fight, but I'm still just happy you're alive."
- Some Like it Hot - Memorable line: "Well, nobody's perfect!"
- Duck Soup - Memorable line: "I suggest that we give him ten years in Leavenworth, or eleven years in Twelveworth." "I'll tell you what I'll do: I'll take five and ten in Woolworth."
- Hairspray - Memorable line: "You can't stop my happiness, 'cuz I like the way I am."
- The Court Jester - Memorable line: "Life could not better be..."
- Yellow Submarine - Memorable line: "All you need is love."
- Amelie - Memorable line: "Amelie has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment. A soft light, a scent in the air, the quiet murmur of the city. A surge of love, an urge to help mankind overcomes her."
- A Thousand Clowns - Memorable line: "If things aren't funny then they're exactly what they are; and then they're like a long dental appointment."
- Step into Liquid
- Sullivan’s Travels - Memorable line: "There's a lot to be said for making people laugh. Did you know that that's all some people have? It isn't much, but it's better than nothing in this cockeyed caravan."
- Happy-Go-Lucky - Memorable line: "You keep on rowin', and I'll keep on smilin'."
- Polyanna - "When you look for the bad in mankind, expecting to find it, you surely will."
What movies have taught you about true happiness?