The New iPhone 3G S
Photo by Apple
Don't you hate it when you get the "coolest, hippest, most innovative electronic out there" and then, a year later, they come out with something better? I have the iPhone 3G and the things that really annoy me about it (i.e. battery life and it's sooo slow) have supposedly been fixed in the new iPhone 3G S which hits stores June 19th. Grrr.
So here's a breakdown of the new features specifically for the 3G S:
- Longer battery life: The 3G battery is awful, meaning I'm slightly jealous.
- Built-in video camera with editing
- Voice control: You can use your voice to place a call or play music
- Compass: Going that extra step with Google Maps by adding in a GPS system and compass.
- Speed: The "S" in the name stands for speed. And this I'm extremely jealous of.
Now, for those of us who are current iPhone owners, we do get to enjoy some of the new features through a software update, available on June 17th. Here's what we get:
- Cut, copy, and paste text
- MMS: Meaning we can now send and receive photos, videos, and audio via text message.
- Spotlight search: This search scans your entire phone, so you can search your contacts, notes, applications, etc. all at once.
- Improved calendar: You can now create meetings in Microsoft Outlook.
- Voice memos
- Enhanced stock application
- Buy movies, TV shows, and audiobooks from your iTunes store
I'm not a techie kind of gal, but I do like owning a good phone and I really really wish I could afford buying the new 3G S. Oh well, maybe next year when they come out with an even better version.
What do you think about the "new and improved" iPhone?