Chris Brown is being charged with two felonies – assault and making criminal threats – in the alleged beating of his girlfriend Rihanna. Brown's attorney put off his arraignment until April.
Photo by: PEOPLE magazine
But the court appearance revealed new information on Brown's alleged beating of Rihanna. According to a search warrant and affidavit obtained by ABC News, the details about the night in question are gruesome. There is also information about other beatings and concerns from Rihanna's parents.
The fight started because Rihanna read a three-page text message on Brown's phone. The argument escalated to violence and here is a short version of what happened:
- Brown tried to force Rihanna out of the car but was unable to because she was wearing her seat belt.
- Brown shoved Rihanna's head against the passenger window.
- When Rihanna turned to face him, Brown allegedly punched her and then continued punching her while driving.
- Brown told Rihanna he was going to beat her when they got home and that he was going to kill her.
- Brown placed her in a headlock and bit her ear.
- The headlock was so strong that Rihanna was unable to breathe and began to lose consciousness. She reached up with her left hand and attempted to gouge his eyes out, trying to free herself.
ABC News has more details about the court documents and police reports, if you can stand reading any more. Go to the ABC News website for more information.
For people who want to stay neutral and not judge Chris Brown, here are a few more facts about the situation.
- TMZ reports that Rihanna told police Chris beat her prior to the February 9 incident, and the attacks were growing more violent.
- According to Celebitchy, Rihanna's parents have not heard from her since she got back with Chris Brown. Her cell phone and her email have been changed! Isolating the victim is a page straight out of the abusers play book!
Do the new court documents change your mind about Chris Brown? The more facts that come out, the more Brown appears to be a classic abuser.
OMG. I just want to take Rihanna and get her away from him. Talk to me ladies.