I have a confession to make -- I'm completely, 100 obsessed with whether or not Meryl Davis and Maksim Chmerkovskiy are dating, to the point where I can't even bear the disappointment if the two of them aren't a couple. I know there have been plenty of Dancing With the Stars partners who have had something more than friendship going on between them, but Meryl and Maks are on an entirely different level.
Something about their chemistry is nothing short of pure magic, and their connection gives us all hope that maybe, just maybe, there really is such a thing as having a soul mate.
But not surprisingly, Meryl and Maks are both remaining tight-lipped about the status of their relationship. Actions often speak louder than words, however, and based on a few observations, it's getting harder and harder to deny that they're romantically involved.
Here are five signs that Meryl and Maks are in fact dating.
- He basically admitted it -- A few weeks ago, there was a clip of Maks saying something along the lines of, "Obviously Meryl and I are going to continue whatever it is we have after this is all over ..." That is pretty much an admission that their relationship goes well beyond simply being dance buddies.
- They refuse to deny it -- They haven't confirmed they're a couple, but they haven't exactly shot down rumors or done anything to try and turn our attention away from them, so they must have something to hide.
- Their body language screams "love" -- Did you happen to catch them on GMA this morning? While the other finalists were sitting next to each other very casually, Meryl and Maks' body language spoke volumes. Their legs were crossed toward each other and they were both leaning in a little. (OMG. Why don't they just make out already?!?)
- Meryl's accidental slip -- She and Maks also appeared on Live With Kelly & Michael today, and when Kelly said, "I like the two of you as a couple," Meryl got all giggly and immediately hugged Maks and got cuddly with him. (Duh. They're doing it.)
- They're not actors -- He's a dancer, and she's an Olympian, which means neither one of them is trained in faking being in love with someone. The chemistry that happened between them on that dance floor is as real as it gets, and it only comes along once in a lifetime.
Do you think Meryl and Maks are a couple?
Image via ABC